Sikh Women's Aid is a great place to work. We provide a professional, safe environment that is focused solely on supporting victims of domestic and sexual abuse. Please see our current vacancies below.
1: Domestic Violence Support Worker
Job Purpose: To provide support to families within our Domestic Abuse Services specifically around Domestic Abuse, Forced Marriage, Honour based violence and Female Genital Mutilation on an individual basis, using a person centred and trauma informed approach.
Working Hours: Part-time (16 hours) with a view to extend. The role involves working around the needs of the service users, children, and the service; this could involve lone working, working shifts that include weekdays, weekends, Evening’s and bank holidays.
How to Apply:
Please send the following to us at:
- An up-to-date CV, including: qualifications; employment history; any voluntary and other relevant experience; with dates and references.
- A covering letter of up to 2 sides of A4 setting out;
- Why you feel suited to the role outlining how you meet the person specification,
- How you will demonstrate your commitment to our values,
- What you would contribute.
Your CV will be reviewed against the personal specification contained within the job description so please ensure your CV covers this.
2: Volunteer Co-ordinator